Mission for reconciliation and peace in Africa
What does CECUP stand for?
CECUP (Centre of Education and Culture Peace) is a non-profit association and was found in December 2013 in Nuremberg. The purpose of this association is the encouragement of initiative and projects regarding educative and peace work, mainly in Africa, and to contribute the build-up of a culture of peace based on justice and human rights.
Engagement and purpose
To fulfil these purposes CECUP gets involved in the field of the development aid, the education of children, youngsters and adults, the family support, the intercultural and interreligious dialog plus the peace and reconciliation.
Liga Bank Regensburg
IBAN: DE27 7509 0300 0005 1006 74
Scheduled activities and projects
- Build-up of the CECUP-centre in Butare (end of 2014 until summer 2015).
- Planning and implementation of an international symposium with the theme “Citizenship Education and sustainable Culture Peace” in Butare. On the occasion of the 20th anniversary of the genocide in Ruanda the symposium brings scientists and practitioners from Africa and Europe together to develop perspectives and initiatives in the field of reconciliation and peace work.
- Establishment of the projects “One-Dollar-Glasses” (2015 till 2017). Next to the build-up of a sustainable ophthalmologic care the possibilities of securing subsistence and the education of younger people are mainly focused on in this project. CECUP is supporting both the acquisition of the necessary devices and the education of the people, who produce and sell “the One-Dollar-Glasses” in Ruanda.
- Educational project for homeless kids and youngsters in the age between 15 and 20 (2015 till 2017).
- In a program laid out for a time span of 18 month 30 homeless kids and youngsters should get a technical carpenter education as well as basic knowledge in marketing, sales, design etc. to enable a build-up of an self-contained existence to them.
- Infomercials and Advocacy-work in the field of education, reconciliation work and culture of peace in Africa.
- Educational project for minor and single mothers: within the scope of a six-monthly program ca. 100 minor mothers out of the region around Butare get a technical education in each case. By this they can build-up a professional existence to enable supply and schooling to their children. CECUP itself supports the acquisition of appropriate devices (e.g. sewing machines), the hiring of trainees and the supply of the mothers and the children.